Sunday, January 9, 2011

Number 66: Stop Worrying

I wish that I could tell you that I have been cured of worry-wortitice. Boy, do I wish that I could tell you that! But I can't. In all honestly, I let my worry habit impact my quality of life this week. And that's the thing isn't it? It's just a bad habit, nothing more. It's just a well worn rut that did nothing for me but create feelings of unhappiness and unproductivity. Which is really, just plain old uncool.

And nobody wants to be uncool, especially me. I want to be the cool-i-est, you know in that dorky, 40 year old mom sort of way. I want to thrive, you know, in that fabulous, 40 year old -when you know what you what your strengths are and what you want sort of way.

What I am a going to do about the Fret Festival I created, you ask? Well, I am going to leave it in last week, not give it anymore power by dwelling on it. I am going to make sure get my butt on a cushion for some old school meditation and when I am not on it, I am going to challenge myself to connect with with joy.



Luckily for me it is snowing today, it is hard NOT to find a little joy on a snowy day. Now I just need to find the hot chocolate.

But first, I am wondering, how would you tackle breaking a bad habit? How would you make room in your life for more things positive?

No comments:

Post a Comment